IDM Professional Certificate in Social Media
Learn Online From Home
We’ve expanded our e-learning and virtual classroom offerings, so this course is ONLINE.
During your qualification in social media, you will learn to:
- Create social media campaign strategies that have great results in a multi-channel environment
- Understand how to engage audiences through social media
- Set effective SMART objectives, which are aligned with your business and marketing goals
- Listen to what your audiences are telling you on social media to gain a deeper understanding
- Understand how a social media strategy will improve your performance
- Get started with writing your own social media strategy
- Develop your own social media content strategy and plan
- Manage the customer service demands on a social media channel
- Understand influencer marketing through social media platforms
- Gather useful data, analyse and turn into actionable insights
Get in touch...
To discuss your options, please get in touch with one of our learning and development team:
|Start||Study Mode||Location||Course Fee|
NB: All prices above are shown in Singapore Dollars (S$) and are subject to GST at prevailing rates.
- Why is social media engagement important?
- Creating a customer-centric social strategy
- Exemplary brands in social media
- Setting objectives and KPIs
- Choose the right metrics to measure success
- Use the SMART objective framework Social listening
- Introduction to social Listening
- How to Build a Social Listening Strategy
- Tools for Social Listening
- Developing a social media strategy
- Developing a social media channel strategy
- Developing a social media campaign strategy
- Aligning your audience and social platforms
- Paid, Owned & Earned Media
- Funding your social media channels
- Defining content pillars
- Content format Planning social content
- Reactive and planned social media content development
- Tips for implementing your content plan
- Interacting with customers on Social Media
- Staffing social media for customer service
- PR disasters, recovery & contingency
- Research and identify your influencers
- Engaging influencers in your marketing campaign
- Measuring influencer activity
- Introduction to social media analytics & insights
- Test & learn on social media
- Developing insights and communicating with stakeholders
This is a practical course which is designed to take you on a step by step journey, to developing your own social media strategy.
At each stage of the strategy you will see practical applications to deepen your understanding and demonstrate how to go about it.
You will be provided with practical templates to take back to your office and share amongst colleagues, why not download one here to get a taste of the course. We teach marketers how to improve their processes and planning activity through toolbox, strategies and templates.
This course is designed for the following people
- You have been a social media practitioner for 2 years, either in entry level social media roles or as part of a broader marketing role
- You want to write effective social media platform and campaign strategies
- Setting the direction of your social media development
- Move in to social media management
- Specialise in social media strategy
- You should have 1 to 2 years experience in operating social media platforms in a professional environments;
- Will have created content for and posted on multiple platforms.
- Can gather stats from social platforms
- Have created and posted content on social media platforms as part of a multi-channel campaign
What this course is not:
- A ‘how to guide’ for posting to social media
- An introduction to social media
- This course will not teach you:
- How to use social media platforms
- The dimensions of assets for platforms
- Planning social media tactics for a campaign
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 12 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials.
Exams and assessments
In order to attain the Certificate in Social Media and use the honorifics Cert SocM, you must successfully pass two x one hour online exams.
Pass marks and Grades
To pass this programme you will need a minimum of 60% in the exams. In the event that the minimum pass mark is not met you will have the opportunity to resit at a later date.
Enrol onto IDM Professional Certificate in Social Media course and receive the ‘DMA Social Guide’. The guide has been devised by numerous marketing industry experts. It will help you understand how to do one-to-one marketing the right way.
Julie Atherton F IDM, Managing Director, Small Wonder
A business and marketing consultant with significant experience in B2B, B2C, commercial and not-for-profit organisations, and a particular specialism in the education sector. A strategist and trainer delivering leadership, business transformation, integrated marketing, and brand development projects, Julie’s expertise includes content marketing, brand engagement, recruitment, fundraising, CRM, digital and data, and social media.
Will is a digital and social media expert, creating swipe-stopping content and innovative digital experiences since his days as Editor at MySpace in the mid-late noughties. He has worked with global brands from Volkswagen to Net-a-Porter, Samsung to Penguin Books to engage their audiences in more memorable, meaningful ways. His digital innovation agency Vandal leverages emerging technology for brands, cutting through the saturated digital landscape with engaging content and campaigns. Will also writes and appears in the media to share his expertise on technology and media, which he does through training, talks and events.